As a business owner, it is in your best interest to keep your commercial space structurally secure. And your commercial windows are certainly part of this equation. By choosing the best windows and maintaining them well, you can ensure protection for both your business and your customers. This allows these factors to work together to create your commercial success.
Protection For Your Business
- Security Strength: By choosing the right window company to install your windows and pairing that with the best security system, you can prevent break ins and other crimes in your commercial space. This will protect your business assets and ensure the safety of employees and customers.
- UV Protection: Quality windows can also prevent the sun’s harmful UV rays from entering your business space. This will keep your items from fading in color. This is especially important for stores, but it also applies to any business with decor.
- Energy Saving: According to the Department of Energy, 45% of the average energy bill goes toward heat. Quality windows can seal in the air, preventing leaks. This will keep this percentage as low as possible and save you money.
Protection For Your Customers
- Improved Comfort: While you are sealing in all of that air to lower your energy bills, you can also keep customers more comfortable. And when their body temperature is where they want it, they may be more inclined to spend more time at your business.
- Increased Privacy: Just as residential windows provide a barrier between public and private, so can your commercial windows. In spaces like banks or medical buildings, tinted windows or proper window cover is critical to customer and patient privacy.
- Weather Protection: In the event of a natural event or other emergency, you want your customers to feel protected within your business. Strong windows that can hold up to wind, rain, snow, and other elements are critical to keeping the indoors safe.
Remember that having the best windows possible all starts with proper window installation and maintenance. By choosing the right window company and then learning how to care for your windows, you can keep your commercial space as secure as possible. This will make the building a better place to be for you, your employees, and your customers.
When it comes to working with commercial window companies, many people are hesitant because they don’t fully understand how the process works. Part of this is due to the fact that there are so many misconceptions circulating about window installation services and commercial window installers. But being able to separate fact from fiction is a critical component of getting the biggest bang for your buck. Here are just a few common myths about commercial window installation.
The more I spend, the better quality windows I’ll get
The term ‘you get what you pay for’ definitely has some truth to it, but that statement – as well as the one above — is by no means absolute. In fact, on average, replacing a window costs between $300 and $700 per window, and there are a vast array of designs, styles, and other features that contribute to the overall quality as well as your objective opinion. So, throwing a bunch of money at commercial window companies isn’t necessarily the best route. Take your time to hear about the qualities and features of multiple options.
Commercial window replacement cannot be completed during the winter
This myth may seem like it has some logic to it, but it would only be feasible if window installations took a long time, which they don’t. The fact is, a commercial window replacement technician has sufficient experience and can properly handle any caliber of snow, wind, ice, and other elements. They’ll do all that they can to keep your commercial space protected and warm.
All commercial window companies are the same.
Finally, this is one of the most common myths surrounding the commercial window replacement industry. But it’s completely untrue — even though there are quite a few companies out there, each and every one of them are different in many ways, from the materials used to the professionalism of the specialists. Be vigilant in your search for a commercial window company, and take to the Internet as a first resource. Online reviews can speak volumes in determining the reputability of one company over another, as can their website. If you’re still uncertain, don’t hesitate to request a free consultation and examine the personal characteristics of your technician (knowledge, passion, dedication, etc.).
Ultimately, knowing the truth that hides behind these myths is the secret to satisfaction when it comes to commercial window installation.
Running a commercial space often comes with high utility costs. From temperature control to lighting, it quite literally pays to make your energy systems as efficient as possible. And much of this efficiency starts with your windows. Drafty windows can spike your energy bills by 10-25%, and since commercial windows are often larger than residential windows, this can add up. Use this guide to know when it’s time to schedule commercial window replacement.
How do I know when to replace my commercial windows?
- High Energy Bills: An increase in your energy bills, especially if they spike suddenly, is often a sign that your windows are not insulating your space. Inspect the frames for drafts to confirm the issue.
- Weather Damage: If there has been a recent storm or other natural disaster in your area, you might notice structural damage from branches, snow, or ice. Call a professional to see if commercial window repair or replacement is best.
- Wear And Tear: As with all other structures of your commercial building, windows wear out over time. Older windows simply don’t work as well, so consider upgrading.
- Water Marks: Signs of water damage on your interior and exterior walls might actually link back to your windows. If there are cracks in the frame, water may be leaking in and spreading.
Why should I make the investment on quality windows
Once you decide to hire a window company for a replacement job, it’s important to consider the quality of the windows you choose. Your business’s windows are an investment, so you want to select a reputable model. Talk to your window professional about which windows are most energy efficient. Even if they are more expensive, they will likely last longer and seal your space better. By thinking about the future, you can make a responsible decision for your business.
Remember that choosing the right windows starts with choosing the right window professional. When installing both commercial and residential windows, it’s critical to work with the right company. By having knowledgeable window installers on your side, you can expect them to perform the job well and answer all of your aftercare questions.