When scheduling commercial window replacement, the process may not be a simple as residential installation. This project not only impacts your building, but also your customers and business hours. With this in mind, it is important to have all the necessary information before the installation date arrives. Ask your window installation company these questions ahead of time to stay well prepared.
- What do I need to do to prep for installation? You might be required to clear the immediate interior completely of merchandise and other objects. If there are any shrubs or branches on the exterior, find out if you should have those removed as well. It is also important to know whether the company will be providing tarps or sheets to cover any nearby furniture.
- How long will the process take? Will it affect my customers? You should know whether you will need to close your business early or open late while window replacement is being completed. If the process is going to take multiple days, ask whether customers and clients can still be in the building or if you will need to close shop for a day or two.
- What should I do about my security system? Ask the window installers whether you will need to remove or deactivate your security system during installation and whether they will replace it once they are done. Be sure to ask this ahead of time, because you may need to contact the security company for assistance.
- What type of warranty does your company offer? Quality warranties are key in commercial spaces, since your windows need to hold up to the wear and tear of customer traffic. If the window company has a particularly short or non-existent warranty, it might be best to look elsewhere.
- How can I get in touch with you if I have a problem? Even the best windows have issues, so ask what their emergency repair protocol is. According to the Department of Energy, 45% of the average energy bill goes toward heating. If your window breaks, this percentage could skyrocket. By addressing problems quickly, you can keep your windows doing their job.
Your specific commercial window replacement needs may warrant different questions, so be sure to make a list ahead of time. Your attention to detail will keep the installation process as smooth and successful as possible.